A work of natural art, the elegance of a hardwood floor adds beauty and value to any home, easy care and durability to any lifestyle. The elegant look of a hardwood floor can add warmth and character to any room. In fact, the natural characteristics of wood add depth and a visual appearance that many other types of floors try to duplicate. Today, hardwood types, options and application are more diverse. Each species of wood has its own unique characteristics and the conditions of nature that the wood matured in make each floor exceptional and individual.
There are several differences between hardwood flooring and engineered wood flooring.
• The major difference between the hardwood and engineered wood flooring is that the hardwood flooring consists of a single layer of hardwood cut and placed for acting as a floor. This layer of wood is 100 percent hardwood. On the other hand, engineered wood flooring consists of layers of wood with plywood at the bottom and solid wood at the top providing maximum durability and strength.
• Hardwood flooring is harder than the engineered wood flooring, which is present in thin layers.
• Hardwood flooring is a type of wood flooring used by a number of people but, the fact that hinders its maximum usage is that, it is too costly as compared to the engineered wood flooring, which comes at lower rates.
• Hardwood flooring has a good lifetime as compared to the engineered wood flooring. Hardwood floors have a 100+ years lifetime as compared to about 25 years life of the engineered wooden floors.
• The repair and maintenance of hardwood flooring is also done much easily as compared to the engineered wood floors.
• Stability of engineered wood as compared to hardwood floors is much better. Engineered wood floor does not change its shape with external changes such as temperature or humidity. This is made possible with use of different layers of wood. On the other hand, hardwood floors are more prone to effects such as humidity and temperature due to the only layer of hardwood involved.
• Engineered hardwood is suitable to be used in basement areas due to its wide range of features while solid hardwood cannot be used in these areas of the building.
• Hardwood flooring is not at all ideal for flooring in kitchen as it cannot withstand spills or drops. Engineered Wood Flooring, comparatively, is a better choice as it does not get damaged due to such problems.
• Hardwood flooring can be re-sanded numerous times. You can re-sand engineered wood flooring only once or twice. That is because its top layer is very thin.
The natural beauty and overall look of wood is simply unmatchable and indescribable. As compared to other flooring materials, wood renders a warmth and beauty to space. The availability of wood floors in numerous palettes of textures and colors were known to be extensively used for decoration and in so many kinds of architecture. It has been years since Tile Zone has been into both retail and wholesale wood flooring installation, repair and maintenance across Houston and surrounding areas in Texas.
With high-quality designs and exceptional customer support, we have carved recognition in the industry and wood flooring is simply much more than just a job for us. It is more of a passion and dedication and we really want to share the same with you. In case of any concern, feel free to connect anytime and know more of the custom flooring options, installation or restoration services. We would love to hear from you and serve you the best.
At Tile Zone, we have a wide selection of hardwood flooring materials that suit all types of styles and designs. We provide classy and highly preferable engineered wood and laminate flooring options.